I've developed an extensive base of knowledge and skills over the past 20+ years. As a full-stack analyst, architect, and developer, I've leveraged my diverse experience and expertise to maximize team capabilities and client ROI. I'm committed to building solid long-term relationships with clients and to helping organizations navigate the complex landscape of Information Technology in order to realize their potential.
Languages & Frameworks
Content Management/Web Platforms
Drupal, Wordpress, ExpressionEngine, Concrete5, MS SharePoint
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS), Windows, Mac OS X
Web Server & Database Software: Nginx, Apache, IIS, OpenLitespeed, MySQL, MS-SQL
PAAS/IAAS: Amazon AWS, Rackspace Cloud, Digital Ocean, Acquia, Pantheon
Hardware & Networking: PC assembly and repair, structured wiring
Applications & Tools
Programming & Design: Visual Studio, PHPStorm/IDEA, Eclipse/Aptana Studio, Photoshop
Source Control & Build Tools: Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, Github, Beanstalk, Gulp, Grunt
Project Management & Collaboration: JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp, Harvest, FogBugz, Rally, Bugzilla, Redmine, GSuite, MS Office, Trello
Freelance Technical Consultant/Software Architect (11/2015-present)
Central Kentucky Area/Remote
- Providing software development and general technical expertise to various clients.
Multiple Positions - Blue Coda, Inc. (3/2017-3/2018)
Cambridge, MA (Remote)
Director of Engineering (10/2017-3/2018)
Senior Web Engineer (3/2017-10/2017)
- Provided technical leadership and guidance for clients and team members.
- Administered company infrastructure and service accounts with third-party vendors.
- Worked with team members to foster a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Facilitated cost savings by identifying and resolving resource waste.
- Built Drupal 7/8 web sites and applications for clients in a variety of fields.
- Operated on multiple distributed agile project teams.
- Vetted, interviewed, and onboarded prospective employees and contractors.
- Investigated and implemented data collection and reporting solutions to enhance QA efforts.
Various Positions - NetMediaOne d/b/a Able Engine (8/2004 - 11/2015)
325 West Main Street, Suite 280, Lexington, KY 40507
CTO/Partner/Lead Programmer (1/2008-11/2015)
Senior Developer (9/2005-12/2007)
Junior Developer (8/2004-8/2005)
- Worked with partners to accelerate company growth.
- Headed up large-scale Drupal projects.
- Developed and promoted architectural patterns for employing core web technologies in a consistent manner on diverse projects.
- Architected, deployed, and managed cloud infrastructure for hosting services, including custom high-availability solutions for select clients.
- Worked with development teams to standardize aspects of development process and improve efficiency of delivery pipeline.
- Supervised product launches and worked closely with operations manager to ensure quality control and timely resolution of issues.
- Advised and mentored team members in front-end and back-end development.
- Embedded with a client development team during the client's company-wide agile transformation and contributed essential front end web expertise over the course of a long-term product concept development arc.
- Provided technical support and customer service to 130+ clients, including remote and on-site hardware, software, and network support.
- Administered on-premise and co-located Windows server infrastructure for web and email hosting.
- Spearheaded efforts to transition company web development practices away from table-based layout toward CSS and standards-oriented design while working as a junior developer.
Assistant Manager - Mail Boxes Etc./The UPS Store (11/2001 – 7/2004)
- Ran store frequently without supervision or assistance.
- Instrumental in helping the store achieve profitability and growth.
- Provided technical expertise in order to maintain and improve systems critical to the efficient operation of the business.
- Generated and implemented numerous ideas for improving workflow and operational practices.
- Created new business for the company and helped build on existing customer relationships.
- Developed a reputation for outstanding customer service.
Freelance Technical Consultant (1998 - 2004)
- Provided onsite technical expertise and support for individuals and small businesses in a wide range of situations.
PC Support Specialist (temporary) - Lexington-Fayette Government (10/1997 - 12/1997)
- Assisted regular IT staff with a major upgrade project and the support of a network comprising more than 1000 users/systems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Assembled, configured, and deployed new desktop computers and peripherals.
- Maintained and repaired legacy computer systems.